Sunday, November 21, 2010

Black Friday.. wy do we call it that anyways?

So Christmas is approaching and there is nothing I can do to stop it ack.. My mother turns from normal calm  lady to SATAN  with a shopping addiction. I am seriously not kidding this time.  Some times I may cry wolf like when I say that "J's farts kill dead people" really I mean his farts just stink and the dead people were most likely already dead so it prob had nothing to do with his farts.

 Seriously though I am being kidnapped by a lady I shall call "mom" and she likes to guilt me into going shopping with her. For example my stepfather has bribed me with 200$ towards Christmas shopping if I go with my mom on "black Friday"!

  This is his way of saying" please don't make me go with her" its your job as a daughter.

    My mom has the tendency of acting like a crazy lady over the holidays and I am going in on Tuesday to get my ovary check and than if all goes well hopefully another trigger shot. So I guess I am actually crossing my fingers that this year I am crazy and hormonal when I am forced to go out shopping with my lovely crazy mother and lets just all pray she lives. =)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's "Black Friday" because it's like the Black Plague of shoppers. And because for all retail employees it's the busiest (and thus, darkest) day of the year.
    No, really it's because it's typically the first day in the retail fiscal year (Feb to Jan) that the store makes it from the "Red" to the "Black".
    I'll be out bright and early again this year- there's always something in the ads that I must have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the christmas holidays send everyone a little crazy, this is why I do all my gift shopping online haha, living in a popular tourist city Edinburgh is always so busy this time of year I even prefer to do my food shopping online as I just can't handle the people racing each other with trolleys like some crazy supermarket grab lol.

    ReplyDelete