Thursday, October 28, 2010

TTC update

So I am a big flake and really new at this blogging thing since today I realized I had been updating the blog I first started and don't get or use. Ooopsies so I guess I will try and do a quick version of those posts now.
 I realized that the test results I went in for were only to tell me if I most likely ovulated or not and not as I had previously thought that would tell me if I was preggo.
  I am NOT new to the TTC world however, I am new to the whole Dr assisted TTC.
  With my PCOS I had previously tried Metformin and failed before loosing health insurance. Now that I have insurance again I am thankful for being able to get the help, yet confused at the same time.
  Today I got the results from my CD21 progesterone test and it was 5.7!  I kinda wanted to cry since even I knew that was low. The nurse told me that it was OK, not good and also low but "OK".  I pressed her for more information asking her if "that means I ovulated or not?" She did the nurse thing and kinda just gave me the run around with "that's not as high as we want it (pause) but ok." After I hung up I was confused even more and did some research online.  So from what I can get out of it is that I most likely ovulated but it is not a high enough number to be a viable egg to reach implantation.
    Sooooo I guess I wait till next cycle and see what meds if any need to be changed. My Dr is also out of town getting married so I cant speak directly with her till its time for next cycle. (bummer).  I guess I should be thankful for the fact that I most likely did ovulate and in fact I also believe I did feel it at the time. I am pretty in tune/obsessed with my body and its changes and I had a pretty awful pain in the ovary that was supposed to ovulate.
 Also anyone out there with advice or ideas I would love to hear from you.
  So forward march I go to the next cycle along with my military of TTC'rs out there! =)

2 comments:

  1. Well, even if they feel it's borderline maybe they could give you some supplemental progesterone, just in case? I mean, it couldn't hurt, right? I hope it's as easy a fix as that...

    ReplyDelete