Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween, Candy & TTC

Lots to say I guess.but I must try and keep it somewhat short.  Step dad is doing better with his arm and hand surgery. His mind is good as well and most people would not even notice,but to us it is getting frighteningly worse.  So many different things he is doing and saying that make it apparently obvious there is some kind of dementia of some sort going on. 

   J and I took my niece trick-o-Treating and it was a blast I think J was more excited than my niece!  It is J's first Halloween in MN so compared to Alaska Halloween he was amazed. The mass crowd in our neighborhood went on for a few hours and we went into some neighbors houses that had haunted shows. It was quite creepy and professional looking even I had to step out while he walked her through the rest. lol  J even got startled and I think it made my lil niece wanna run home =).

  So our Halloween was a blast we got to spend time with our borrowed daughter and we also got to give out candy to the locals.  Wow our neighborhood really went all out and I am so glad they did.  This is my first Halloween back home since Alaska.  I have to admit living in Alaska I was sad to not see all the lil kids in such cute costumes.  I guess a big part of it is here we stick in our neighborhoods or if were feeling spicy we go to the rich ones downtown, however being in your own neighborhood you really get that community feeling and realize why Mn is called Mn nice!  I still recall the day we had such a bad storm most the trees in the neighborhood fell. Yet all the neighbors came over and helped one another and half of them never met before. it was a learning experience for me and made me proud to live here.

      Hrrm so umm to the point of my ramblings.... I hate TTC and im sure the rest of you do as well but I have had to come up with reasons why I hate it or I would feel guilty. ugg I would feel guilty because TTC should be something you do to help in the long run:  change,grow,nurture and raise a new human being to this world.


  I however, can still  HATE weeks that turn into months where you work with the pills, the temps, the shots, the u/s, the pills again that lead you back to the next test.  ....  ALL of this hard,HARD work. .....  mentally and emotionally hard ass work! All that is left is one day...Just one day to take a test and tell you what happened with all your hard work and pain and things that most people never have to even experience or see!
                        We get left with the one day and than we wait to start right on over again for the next try!
we figure out our cycles and waiting for the test rules. It is so unbelievably hard I know that but whatever happens we must not give up in the end I think this will make us better mothers.  Hmm after all how many moms you know of do the research on the whole entire first few years of a newborn as we do????

No comments:

Post a Comment